First Method: Delete Discord Files in Localappdata & Appdata Folder
- You can close the discord by assessing the Task Manager, select the discord and then click on the End Task button on your PC.
- Go to the Windows start menu icon and right-click on it.
- In the contextual menu that just appears click on the Run option.
- In the small window that appears after clicking on run, add %appdata% into the empty field and click on the run button in that window.
- When the Window Explorer window will open, locate the AppData folder named Discord and then click on the folders and delete the contextual list.
- Again return to the start menu and load the run file again.
- Now type %localappdata% in the field and hit run.
- Find the discord folder again and then delete it.
- Relaunch your discord setup file and follow the steps which are provided by the installation wizard.
Second Method: Whitelist Discord Installation Files in the Antivirus Software
One of the files which are usually flagged as a potentially dangerous file by the antivirus software is the discord voice application recovery file. If you want to bypass any such antivirus application then you would require to whitelist the files it is picking up. The process of doing this varies from software to software. I will give you guidance on this work on Avast Antivirus to provide a good example of this case.
- You can open the Avast software by clicking on the icon in the system tray and you can select the Avast User interface for your use.
- Once the file is open, click on the Protection section among the options down the left of the Avast window.
- If you will click on the Virus chest option, all the quarantined files will show up there.
5. It is easy to find such files as all of such files start with “discord_” or something similar to this one.
6. You can now click on the three dots which will appear when hovering over the files and then you can select “Restore and add an exception” from the contextual list.
7. Do this for each of the files.
8. Restart the discord installation process on your PC.
If you are done with this process and you do not want to encounter any such issue in the future or if you are yet to install discord, then you can add a folder that will contain the discord setup executable as an exception in Avast.
If you would do this, it simply means that you will be able to complete the installation process without any interruption and any files being sentenced to the Avast Virus Chest quarantine. Let’s see how you can make those exceptions in Avast; follow these tips to cover this case.
1. Open the Avast software on your PC.
2. Go to the menu icon among the options on the Avast window and select the settings options on your PC.
3. Click on the General option present in the settings.
4. Under this setting option, click on the “Exceptions” from the options on the left.
5. You can now click on the add exception option and can add the location of the folder that contains the discord installer.
6. Now click on Add exception and the work is done.
7. You can now launch the discord setup executable.
Third Method: Uninstall and Reinstall Discord on your Windows
1. Firstly, go to the Windows start menu icon and select the search button.
2. In the search field, select “Control Panel” and open it up on your Windows.
3. Once it is opened, select uninstall a program option.
4. Search for the discord among the list of other programs present in the list.
5. After selecting the discord, you can go up and click on the uninstall button.
6. Once the discord is uninstalled, you can click on the start menu and then you can select the “Run” option.
7. Type the %appdata% and then click on Run again.
8. Find the discord folder and delete it completely.
9. Again open the Run option and search for the %localappdata% and then delete the discord files folder.
10. You can then go to the discord website and can download the latest version of the app on your Windows.
11. You can click on the downloadable executable file and follow the steps of the installation wizard.
Fourth Method: Change the Startup Type of the Quality Windows Audi Video Experience Service
Open the Run from the Windows menu bar and type “services. msc” in the given box and click on the ok button.
- You can now find the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service on the list, click on it and select the properties from the context menu.
- If you see that the service has started, you can stop by clicking on the stop button. You can run it again by clicking on the start button.
- You can then go to the startup type and click on the options that it is present and select the automatic instead of manual.
However, if any kind of error of message appears that says that the account specified for this service is different than the current one, follow the following steps and tips.
- Go to the Log On tab and click on the browse button.
- You can type in your account’s name in the “Enter the object name to select” and then click on Check names and let the name appear.
- Click the Ok button once you are finished and type in the password in the password box and then click on the apply button to start without issue.
Fifth Method: Running Discord without Administrator Privileges
Some users observed that whenever they were not logged in to their administrator account, the app worked fine, such as gaming apps. This means that the actual problem regarding the tool could be the administrator permissions.
I know you might be thinking that it is not always a good idea to run programs as an administrator. However many users have said that they find their discord working fine without an administrator. Let’s take a look at this.
- You can find the discord executable file and change the properties by right-clicking the entry.
- From here you can choose properties and you can Compatibility tab in the properties window and uncheck the box which says run the program as an administrator before you apply it.
- Moreover, confirm all the dialogues that appear in front of you to confirm the changes to run the program without an administrator.
- You will see now that discord will launch without any issue.
Sixth Method: Closing all Discord Process
Discord sometimes fails to install if it has parallel processes running beforehand and there is only one way to counter it and that is through Task Manager. Follow the given below tips and steps:
- Open the Task Manager by clicking on the Run option from the Windows menu.
- Once the task manager is opened, select the discord program and then click on the end task button.
- This will completely close the discord program and you can then even close the task manager also.
However, if you fail to perform this task and the discord is still running, you can go to the Command Prompt to get rid of them. Follow the following tips for the results.
- Go to the Windows search bar and type “Command Prompt” and run it as an administrator.
- Type the command as “taskkill/f/im discord.exe
- Now check the discord and the issues whether they are still present on not.